Akai Professional has announced the availability of the iMPC Pro app for iPad.
iMPC Pro re-imagines the classic music production center as an iPad app – offering 64 tracks for composing, editing and mixing music. It offers most of the features of classic MPCs and adds new features that the iPad makes possible, including: touch-based sample editing, a new timeline view, Inter-App Audio and social sharing.
It’s available now – with a US $20 regular price and discounted $12.99 price for early adopters.
iMPC Pro is the type of app that gets musicians excited about the iPad. For the price of a pizza, iMPC Pro puts a music production center on your iPad that’s surprisingly powerful. While it won’t replace the traditional MPC for hardware fans, iMPC Pro makes MPC-style music making affordable to anyone with an iPad.
Here are the details:
Akai iMPC Pro Intro Video:
- Sample audio from the iPad microphone, line-in, or your music library using the multi-touch turntable interface
- 64 tracks for flexible multi-tracking recording and production
- Sample Editor with undo history for slicing, chopping, trimming, and categorizing your loops and samples
- New Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing
- New Flux mode lets you warp and glitch your beats in real-time or with automation
- Precision Knobs expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters
- 3D-performance mode lets your perform with your iPad’s accelerometer
- Turbo Duck effect fattens up your tracks with sidechain compression
- Sound library featuring 1,200+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine
- Improved sampling workflow with re-sampling and sample library organization
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of your sounds
- Note Variation slider lets you adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Onboard effects include delay, bit crusher, and master compressor/limiter
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note – 1/32T timing with latch
- Supports Inter-App Audio in iOS7 for sampling from your other music apps
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting beats and sequences from compatible apps
- Seamless integration with Retronym’s Tabletop app for iPad, a modular audio environment
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- Works with MPC Element via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Supports WIST, wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
- Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- iOS support for simple drag-and-drop, plucking, and multi-touch music gestures
- Interactive gesture control for automation, mixing, and effects
Here’s a playlist of tutorials for iMPC Pro:
If you’ve used iMPC Pro – let us know what you like and what you’d like to see changed!