Music From Outer Space has introduced a new synth DIY project, the MFOS Seven Segment Linear Envelope Generator.
The MFOS Seven Segment Linear Envelope Generator provides from 2 to 7 linear segments you use to design a voltage envelope to control analog synth modules. The slope and threshold for each segment is settable.
- Selectable Two to Seven Linear Envelope Segments
- Positive and Negative Slopes
- Triggered Mode Supports Sustain Segments
- Gate Mode 1: Complete Envelope on Gate Release.
- Gate Mode 2: Reset Envelope on Gate Release.
- Level and Polarity Output Control
- Two millisecond to several minutes long segment times.
- Slope runaway detect and reset.
- Envelope Repeat
- Manual Gate
- LEDs Identify Active Segment
Designer Ray Wilson notes, “This is an advanced project and you will need electronic test equipment and trouble shooting skills to successfully build one. The schematics and complete description of the project are at the MFOS site.”