iMusicAlbum has introduced AltiSpace, a convolution reverb for iOS.
AltiSpace includes a large built-in library of the high quality reverb impulses, based on classic hardware reverbs. It also lets you load your own reverb space impulses
You can use this AltiSpace with Inter-App Audio hosts (like a DAW, Recorders or Audio file managers) or with Audiobus. It also can be used with external audio interfaces for real-time sound processing.
What is convolution reverb?
Convolution reverb is based on a process that digitally ‘captures’ the reverb characteristics of another reverb effects unit or the reverb response of a real acoustic space. It is based on the mathematical convolution operation, and uses a pre-recorded audio sample of the impulse response of the device or space being modeled. The process of convolution multiplies each sample of the audio to be processed (reverberated) with the samples in the impulse response file.
- More than 200 samples of factory presets from different devices.
- High-quality and fast convolution algorithm with 64 bit operations.
- Wide range of reverberation types such as plates, springs, halls, rooms, etc.
- Preset hotkeys with possibility to save current sample and all its parameters.
- Convenient choice sample by device name, by reverb type or in complete list.
- All processing parameters are stored for each sample.
- Pre/post parametric equalizer with cut-off filters.
- Possibility to construct the envelope (like ADSR) for device sample.
- Adjusting stereo width and modulation for reverb output.
- Additional mode ‘reverb only output’ for use with mixing consoles.
- Upload additional samples in different audio formats through Web access, audio clipboard, from another app and iTunes.
- Detailed application description with an overview of original reverb equipment.
- Different color schemes available for the user interface.
- Inter-App Audio compatible.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect, Input and Output slots.
Third generation of iPad or fifth generation of iPhone and higher is recommended (especially with Inter-App Audio and Audiobus). Technical details, description and support on the AltiSpace website.
AltiSpace is available now for US $5.99 in the App Store.