This video is a demonstration of the Make Noise Multimode Gate (MMG).
Part 1, embedded above, introduces the module and takes a look at the front panel controls. It also demonstrates basic patches with the Multimode Gate.
Part 2, below, takes a look at fast modulation sources, DC and Q inputs, HPF bass response, reversing normalization, rhythmic mode switching and “West Coast” patch example.
The Make Noise Multimode Gate
The MMG is a vactrol-based Voltage Controlled Filter and Low Pass Gate, based on Make Noise’s QMMG core. The MMG bridges the Far East and West Coast synthesis styles by allowing highly resonant acidic squelch and organic, percussive animations to be programmed simultaneously with a single module.
- Input with attenuator, drive and compressing Overload Circuit with LED indicator
- DC input for combining control and/ or audio signals
- MODE allows for smooth Voltage Controlled sweep between Low Pass and High Pass responses with LED indication
- FREQUENCY control with bi-polar CV attenuator and additional unity CV input
- Voltage Controlled Q yields everything from smooth to aggressively clamped resonances
- Automatic Gain Control keeps signal levels under control at High Resonance settings
- ACCENT input for X0X style punch
- STRIKE input for LPG style bongo plonkse
The Make Noise Multimode Gate is priced at US $235. Details on the MMG are available at the Make Noise site.