Audio Damage has introduced Basic – a three-oscillator monophonic software synthesizer for Mac & Windows.
According to Audio Damage, Basic is designed with ease-of-use, low cost, and simplicity in mind, and offers ‘an aggressive tone and self-resonating filters that ‘scream’ when pushed’.
- Three alias-free wavetable oscillators with six waveforms each, and oscillator sync.
- A pair of cascaded filters featuring MS20-style lowpass and highpass, and a bandpass of our own design.
- A four-waveform tempo-syncable LFO with waveshaper.
- ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter frequency.
- User-definable soft-saturation.
- A simple and easy-to-understand workflow, inspired by the classic topology of vintage analog synths like the Minimoog, SEM, and MS20, but with modern usability.
- Touchscreen-friendly and highly visible user interface.
- DRM-free, for easy installation and updating.
Audio Damage Basic is available now. It is priced at US $39 through Sept 4, 2014. After that, $49.00. See the AD site for an audio demo.