CME’s Xkey is an inexpensive MIDI controller that offers polyphonic aftertouch, a feature that’s rare for controllers at any price range.
XK-1 is customized to work well with XKey and uses the synthesizer engine from Arctic ProSynth. XK-1 also supports the polyphonic aftertouch messages sent from the Xkey keyboard for delicate expressive playing.
The free version of XK-1 includes 16 sounds. When you connect your Xkey to your iPad with the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (available from Apple), it unlocks the full sound library of 168 presets. If you don’t own an Xkey the library is available through an in-app purchase at US $2.99.
- Similar intuitive UI design to match Xkey concept
- Support for polyphonic aftertouch
- Presets from the acclaimed Arctic ProSynth
- Fast operation, plug and play with Xkey
- Inter-app Audio support
- CoreMIDI support with Virtual MIDI Ports
- Audiobus support
XK-1 is a free download from the App Store.