Developer Kai Aras has introduced Theremidi, an iPad patch editor and realtime controller for the Moog Theremini. It’s now in beta.
Theremidi offers three key functions:
- Controller – Realtime control over all available MIDI commands and parameters.
- Patch Editor – Create new patches or customize existing ones.
- Library – Store your favorite patches directly on your Theremini while keeping your entire library on your iPad.
- Oscillator – Choose from a variety of waveforms ranging from classic Sine over a massive SuperSaw to a number of wavetables taken from Animoog and Etherwave.
- Filter – Gain full manual control over filter cutoff and resonance. Choose from a total of 6 different filter types.
- Modulators – Control how both, pitch and volume antenna modulate filter parameters and explore an entire new world of possible sounds!
- Delay – Extended midi controls offer manual access to delay mix, time as well as feedback parameters.
- Quantizer – Conveniently access the built-in quantizer and set scales and root note as you wish.
- Advanced – Dig deeper into Theremini’s sound-engine.
Theremidi is now in beta, and Aras is looking for beta testers.
Pricing and availability for Theremidi are to be announced.