The m!lTone – described as ‘a portable hands-free ultrasonic synthesizer, MIDI controller & more’ – is now under development as a Kickstarter project.
- Have hands-free control with up to 2 ultrasonic sensors for Continuous, Weighted, & Discrete “Air” functionality
- Control video and lights (using MIDI & third party software).
- Uses a very popular and open source code base that is Arduino compatible
- Play and explore different sounds and moods with over 200 scales from all over the
- world including 40 Quarter Tone maqams (scales)
- Small, lightweight, and portable
- Built-in speaker
- DC adapter, 9V battery or solar powered.
- Backlit 2×16 LCD display (White on Blue)
- Wooden enclosure with randomly selected exotic veneer
- The m!lTone is fully programmable to change its sounds and functionality
- Audio control using the body
Here’s the official intro video:
- Wavetable Synthesizer with 7 waveforms
- Up to 3 note polyphony each with independent assignable waveform
- Discrete Air Mode – Never play the incorrect note with this feature
- Arpeggiator and Harmonizer with 4 modes (up, down, up&down and random) with adjustable tempo and step size
- Vibrato effect that can be controlled using ultrasonic sensor
The m!lTone is available as a DIY kit or assembled via the Kickstarter project starting at US $115.