Boulanger Labs has introduced csSpectral – a real-time, Csound-based, multi-effects processor, featuring a Streaming Phase Vocoder and six other Spectral algorithms.
Harnessing some of the most unique and powerful signal processing capabilities of Csound, csSpectral brings the vast world of time and FFT-based effects to the iPad.
Here’s a sneak preview of csSpectral in action:
Here are a couple videos that demonstrate using csSpectral:
Using csSpectral with a MIDI controller:
csSpectral ‘Open Mic’ Demo:
With csSpectral you can:
- Control a suite of 7 unique Spectral effects with 3 XY pads
- Process audio with 12 built-in effects, consisting of:
- Filters, Delays, Reverbs and Cutters
- Choose from 7 offline effects, including: Convolution, Time Stretching, Bit Crushing and more
- Connect a MIDI controller and turn csSpectral into a live performance tool
- Utilize algorithmic processing with the Randomize feature
- Chop and scrub samples with a playable audio display
- View your audio with 2D and 3D displays
- Remix and record in real-time
- Trim, edit, transform and master sound files
- Send and receive audio to and from other apps with Audiobus
- Import/export your audio via iTunes, Dropbox, AudioCopy, or Email
csSpectral is available now in the App Store for US $19.99.
If you’ve used csSpectral, leave a comment with your thoughts on it!