Dreadbox has introduced the Erebus, a new semi-modular paraphonic analog synth module.
It offers what is essentially a monophonic synth architecture, but that allows for independent control of its two oscillators. This means you can play (or sequence) two different pitches, but the pitches will go through a shared VCF, VCA, etc.
- Full Analog Paraphonic Synthesizer
- Full Analog 2-voice Paraphony or Unison sounds
- 2 x VCO with separate glide controls
- Two pole (12dB/ocv) resonating VC Low Pass Filter
- VC LFO with additional VC Depth
- 2 x Envelope Generators (1xADSR and 1xAR dedicated to the AMP)
- VC Delay/Echo
- 14 patches for an astonishing Modular experience
- CV Outputs: LFO, Envelope, Modulation Wheel, Gate, Osc1 pitch (1V/ocv), Osc2 pitch (1V/ocv)
- CV Inputs: Osc1, Osc2, Echo time, VCF, LFO rate, LFO depth, CV/Gate
- MIDI interface: Pitch note/gate on-off, retrigger function (on-board), Mod wheel (patched on-board), Pitch wheel, MIDI Channel select 1-7 or Omni (DIP switch)
- Paraphony CV/GATE outputs allows you to turn monophonic devices into Paraphonic, or even combine 2 monosynths into a paraphony orgy
Here are the official audio demos:
The Dreadbox Erebus is priced at UR $539. See the Dreadbox site for details.