Akai Professional has announced that it’s now shipping three new APC controllers:
- the flagship APC40 mkII (above);
- the APC Key 25 with integrated keyboard, and
- the compact APC mini.
“We are excited to announce the availability of the APC40 mkII, APC Key 25, and APC mini,” says Akai Professional Product Manager Dan Gill. According to Gill, the new controllers incorporate feedback from users of their existing APC20 & APC40 controllers and include the most commonly requested features.
Here is an overview of the new APC controllers:
The flagship APC40 mkII offers the highest degree of control, with bus-powered operation and a redesigned layout.
APC40 mkII Highlights:
- 5×8 RGB LED clip matrix—launches clips with visual feedback
- 8 channel faders, 1 master fader, and 8 device controls—map to Ableton Live directly
- Intuitive layout—revised knob layout with inline controls for smarter workflow
- A/B crossfader—can be assigned on the fly for dynamic mixing
- Send button—press and hold Send and use the Track Selects to choose one of 8 sends
- Music production content—Toolroom Records artist launch packs, Prime Loops sample packs, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Technology & SONiVOX Twist
APC Keys 25 adds twenty-five mini keys, to fuse melodic performance with a cliplaunching workflow.
APC Key 25 Highlights:
- Ableton Live controller with keyboard—25 synthaction mini keys
- Tricolor clip matrix—launches clips and multicolor lighting displays clip status
- 8 assignable control knobs—handsoncontrol of any Ableton Live parameter
- Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain—expands keyboard range and expression
- Music production content—Toolroom Records artist launch packs, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech & SONiVOX Twist
Finally,the APC mini offers additional rows of trigger pads in a compact package that can comfortably fit into a portable setup.
APC mini Highlights:
- Tricolor clip matrix—8×8 grid launches clips and multicolor lighting displays clip status
- 8 channel faders & 1 master fader—provide handsoncontrol of Ableton
- Compact construction—portable design for mobile performers and producers
- Music production content—Toolroom Records artist launch packs & Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech
Pricing and Availability
The APC40 mkII, APC Key 25, and APC mini are available at the following street prices:
- APC40 mkII ($399.99 USD),
- APC Key 25 ($129.99 USD), and
- APC mini ($99.99 USD).
For more info, see the Akai site.