Saltline has released Drzewo Cedr – a free 2 oscillator subtractive synthesizer for Windows. with a 16-step pitch sequencer.
According to the developer, Cedr was created with chip tunes in mind.
Here’s an audio demo:
Cedr was the only sound source used on the demo track. Lisc-verb and Lisc-delay were used along with some eq and compression
- The sequencer can also be fed to several other of the synthesizer’s controls.
- The pitch sequencer can be turned on or off for each oscillator allowing for greater flexibility in sound creation
- Bit crush and delay effects also add to the degraded yesteryear quality of Cedr.
- Other controls include a step sequencer ‘step envelope’ giving the user the ability to create a range of sounds from choppy arps to strange pads and textures.
- 5 modulation slots also allow midi control routing, such as, key follow, velocity and aftertouch.
Cedr is a free download.