Wolfgang Palm has officially announced PPG WaveMapper 2 for Mac OS X and Windows
The software synth was first released as an iOS app. PPG WaveMapper 2 is a greatly expanded version, with many new features, including the WaveMap and new resource merging possibilities.
PPG WaveMapper 2 comes with a very flexible synth engine, capable of playing material from classic wavetables as well as samples and a new type which Palm calls “Time corrected sample” (TCS). This type still has the advantage of wavetables, which is totally random access of the material, but preserving the sound of the original sample.
PPG WaveMapper 2’s three oscillators have independent control of the sound resources and access of the material. Each oscillator has its own WaveMap with up to 16 zones, filled with any combination of the resources. The control of the zones can be done by the keyboard, which he calls Multi-tabling, or by a path that determines how the engine plays back the material.
Here’s a sneak preview:
- 3 Audio Oscillators
- Up to 16 resources assembled within a WaveMap
- Audio engine with 4 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
- Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
13 Envelopes, for control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain, ringmod, and panning
- 4 LFOs
- Analysis of your own samples and conversion into wavetables and time-corrected samples.
- Powerful Step Sequencer with playback arpeggiator
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Directly accessible context help for each module
- Free configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation possibilities.
- Ribbon controller to bend the pitch to variable intervals
- 4 Keyboard Modes, including mono and poly portamento.
- Mac: VST And AU 64 and 32bit
- Windows: VST 64 and 32bit
- PPG protection system used, no dongle or iLok is necessary.
PPG WaveMapper 2 will be available October 27th 2014 as a download only, for €99. As a intro offer, Palm is offering a PPG WaveMapper 2 and WaveGenerator 2 plug-in bundle for €149 for 28 days.