The Theremini comes with 32 patch presets – but when we talked with Moog at NAMM, they told us that they were working on a patch editor that would let you create custom patches for it.
Today, Moog released Theremini Advanced Software Editor, a free iPad app that unlocks the sound design potential of the new theremin. (Windows and OS X versions are also planned). Here are the details…..
The Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor allows you to access new layers of the Theremini’s synthesis engine, so you can tweak presets and create new ones. The Editor also includes an exclusive library of new presets to kick-start your creative process.
- Create new presets
- Edit existing presets
- Craft new sounds in real-time while playing your Moog Theremini
- Create or edit preset libraries with built in Library Manager
- Unlimited preset storage
- Share libraries of sounds via email or iTunes file sharing
- Edit the Theremini’s global settings
- Built in Editor User Manual, Theremini User Manual, and Quick Start Guide
- Simple drag-and-drop preset library
- Quick Save for instantly editing an existing sound
Note: This application does not make sound by itself. It is an editor librarian app for the Moog Theremini. To use this app, the user must have a Lightning to USB host adapter (for iPads with Lightning connector) or the Apple Camera Connection Kit (for iPads with 30pin connector) and a mini USB cable.
The Editor is a free download via the App Store. If you’ve tried it, let us know what you think of it!