Wolfgang Palm has released PPG WaveMapper 2 – a wavetable synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows
The software synth was first released as an iOS app. PPG WaveMapper 2 is a greatly expanded version, with many new features, including the WaveMap and new resource merging possibilities.
Here’s a sneak preview:
Here’s an in-depth overview by Wolfgang Palm:
Here’s a tutorial on how to analyze samples in PPG WaveMapper 2:
Here are additional audio demos:
- 3 Audio Oscillators
- Up to 16 resources assembled within a WaveMap
- Audio engine with 4 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
- Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
13 Envelopes, for control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain, ringmod, and panning
- 4 LFOs
- Analysis of your own samples and conversion into wavetables and time-corrected samples.
- Powerful Step Sequencer with playback arpeggiator
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Directly accessible context help for each module
- Free configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation possibilities.
- Ribbon controller to bend the pitch to variable intervals
- 4 Keyboard Modes, including mono and poly portamento.
- Mac: VST And AU 64 and 32bit
- Windows: VST 64 and 32bit
- PPG protection system used, no dongle or iLok is necessary.
PPG WaveMapper 2 is available as a download only, for €99. As a intro offer, Palm is offering a PPG WaveMapper 2 and WaveGenerator 2 plug-in bundle for €149 for 28 days.
If you’ve used PPG WaveMapper 2, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!