Developer AppBC has released an update to touchAble, its iOS Ableton Live control app.
touchAble, available for both iPad and iPhone, that offers advanced control of clips, mixer, devices and more in Ableton Live.
touchAble 3 is designed to be easier to connect and set up, offers access to devices in racks and more.
Here’s the official intro video to touchAble 3:
Here’s what’s new in touchAble 3:
- You can now use a simple USB cable to connect
Access to devices in racks
- New Live Device Template Pack (available as an in-app purchase) provides 42 layouts, for nearly every device in Live.
- The device module can now follow the selected device in Live (Blue Hand)
- Devices can now be loaded to any place of a track’s device chain using the browser and drag and drop.
- You can now play notes with the keys of the piano roll within the MIDI Clip Editor in the scales tab.
- Devices can be stretched to take 3/4 of the screens real estate.
- Recoded Server. (Goodbye Java!:) From now on, the Server is running in the background as a System Service.
- New Settings, including:
- Follow currently launched scene option.
- choose and assign different MIDI channels for Drum Pads, Keyboard, Isomorphic Keyboard and Piano Roll (MIDI Clip Editor).
- iPads & iPhones Link Mode: combine several Devices to one big control surface.
- Rotary controller sensitivity setting.
- Snap and Timed Snap Mode 4 different envelopes: Exponential, Linear, Logarithmic, Hanning.
- Bug fixes, optimisations and enhancements.
If you’ve used touchAble, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!