Elastic Drums is a software synth for iPhone that offers 6 channels of synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 FX channels.
- 6 synth channels with 10 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hit, clap, tom, … fm, grain)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it’s own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- iOS 8 supported
Here are official Elastic Drums audio demos:
The developer notes that several key features are in the works:
- genuine iPad version (landscape instead of portrait)
- Audiobus support
- IAA support
- midi support
- new sequencer features (rolls, etc.)
- new synth engines (tom tom, sampler, etc)
Note: Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s and iPad 2 effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power.
Elastic Drums is available from the App Store for US $3.99.
If you’ve used Elastic Drums, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!