Developer Rejean Poirier has released Caustic Editor For Volca Sample – a free waveform editor to import, load, record, edit and upload samples for use with the Korg Volca Sample.
Volca sample-specific features:
- Upload to any of the 100 sample slots
- Clear all samples
- Restore factory samples
- Monitor device memory
- Audiobus compatible (receiver)
- AudioShare compatible (import/export)
- AudioCopy/Paste compatible (import/export)
- iTunes file sharing support
- Open In… support for .wav files.
- Supports any uncompressed, mono or stereo WAV, at any sampling rate or bit depth.
- Apply any of 16 of Caustic’s effects and preview them in real-time, then stamp down and apply more.
- Process waveform audio with Fade In/Out, Normalize, Amplify, Reverse operations and more.
- Use Caustic’s C-SFXR to generate retro video game samples.
- Trim audio precisely, down to individual samples.
- View the frequency spectrum of your audio.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Caustic Editor is now available as a free download in the App Store.
Note: This is not an official Korg app – it is made by Rej Poirier / SingleCellSoftware using the KORG volca sample SDK. Versions are also available for Mac, Windows & Android.
If you’ve used Caustic Editor for iOS, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!