Codrut Angelescu has released Figooroo – a ‘sidekick app’ for Propellerhead Figure.
With Figooroo you can:
- open up to 4* Figure songs at once
- copy instruments, patterns, tweaks (defaults & motions), mixer levels from one song to another
- join one song with another
- shift a song with or without wrapping
- resize a song by trimming/repeating bars or shrinking/stretching them
- convert rhythms to notes
- email a song or open it in other Figure compatible app at any time
- By alternating between shift, resize, copy and join, you can combine songs in many ways.
Other things you can do with Figooroo:
- Converting rhythms is a function allowing you to alternate between different rhythms in the same song and also slowdown/speed-up a song keeping the rhythm intact.
- In Figure you can simulate a 16 bar song by halving the tempo, but the rhythms are also slowed down, making them more or less useless. Now, with Figoroo you can take two 8 bar songs recorded at normal tempo (even with different rhythms), resize each of them to 4 bars and join them together. All you have to do is open the new song in Figure and halve its tempo.
- Recording fast arpeggios is not easy in Figure, but Figooroo can help you achieve that. Record a song in Figure and open it in Figooroo to shrink it to fewer bars, thus increasing its playback speed.
Figooroo is available now as a free download from the App Store.