Image-Line has released beta version (pre-release) of FL Studio 12, its Windows DAW.
FL Studio 12 totally reworks the user interface and adds exciting new features you have been asking for. Free beta and launch version access for FL Studio owners.
The video playlist above offers an introduction and demo of the new features in FL Studio 12 Beta 2.
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio 12:
- Fully reworked scalable interface – Any screen size or resolution you use, FL Studio will always fit
- Multi-touch – Multi-touch capability extends to the Mixer.
- Browser – New category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu have moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper (no more Channel settings pop-up).
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now be deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Step sequences are now interchangeable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation & discovery improved and simplified.
- Fruity Formula Controller – Updated, new UI.
- Fruity Envelope Controller – Updated, 8 Articulators, Mod X/Y env, Smart Knobs, New UI.
- Fruity Keyboard Controller – Attack smoothing, new UI.
Note that this is a preview of a beta release. The final version of FL Studio 12 is expected to be released ‘sometime in 2015’. Details on the FL Studio 12 beta are available at the Image-Line site.