At the 2015 NAMM Show, Waldorf is introducing four new products:
- Nave VST-AU-AAX – this ‘next-generation’ wavetable synth app was previously available for iOS, not it’s coming to Mac & Windows
- nW1 Wavetable Module for Eurorack systems
- Attack Drum Synthesizer & Sequencer for iPad
- Waldorf Edition 2 with new Attack, D-Pole & PPG Wave 2.V
Here’s an audio demo of the new Nave for Mac & Windows:
Waldorf Nave for VST/AU/RTAS
Waldorf has responded to requests to make its award-winning Nave advanced wavetable synthesizer available on other platforms by introducing Nave for VST/AU/RTAS.
Designers have optimized its graphical user interface to work with keyboard and mouse (or track pad) rather than touch screen surface technology.
Nave comes pre-packed with sounds, ranging from spatial pads to vivid wavetable scans and cutting leads to solid basses. According to Waldor, ‘Nave really represents a phenomenal playground for sound creation creativity’.
Its oscillators offer expanded wavetable functionality, with elaborate editing facilities and an effective speech synthesizer. Anyone familiar with Waldorf software instruments will feel at home with the typical Waldorf workflow, where sound shaping modules are always directly accessible and all arpeggiator, envelopes, effects (Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Reverb, Equalizer, Compressor), and Modulation Matrix management controls are only one push of a virtual button away.
Highlights include two independent advanced wavetable oscillators per voice with saw, triangle, PWM, white and pink noise (and up to eight-oscillator Überwave); two ring modulators; multimode filter (with LP/ BP/ HP, 12 dB, and 24 dB settings); three envelopes; two LFOs; and much more besides.
The Waldorf nw1 Wavetable Module
The nw1 Wavetable Module represents Waldorf’s entrance into the Eurorack modular synth system format
nw1 includes an advanced wavetable engine, with independent control of spectral envelope and noisiness — just like Nave.
Wavetable scanning is cyclic with optional modulation of travel speed, position, spectrum, and more.
The nw1 Wavetable Module’s sound engine also allows for onboard creation of user wavetables via time domain multiple foldover analysis. Any sound source can be connected to the nw1 Wavetable Module via the In 1 CV (Control Voltage) input to transfer audio into a wavetable.
You can also use its integrated speech synthesizer to translate typed text into wavetables (via a USB port with galvanic isolation)
Two further CV inputs are also provided, alongside a Gate input (for triggering wavetable travel and recording) and a main 1V/Oct CV input with Trim (for pitch control).
The 32HP-width nw1 Wavetable Module comes complete with a Eurorack power connector (+/- 12V, 150mA),
Attack for iOS
Waldorf has migrated its long-running Attack virtual drum and percussion VST to iOS.
Its sound engine is complimented by an integrated 16-step sequencer . iOS Attack offers 24 instruments — each programmable through a touch-optimized user interface.
According to Waldorf, Attack’s oscillators are fat, the filter flexible, and envelopes lightning fast.
Each drum sound can be enriched with one of four independent insert multi-effects with Delay, Equalizer, Drive, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, and Phrase Vocoder. Input lyrics, output song.
iOS Attack’s sound engine is also capable of producing powerful polyphonic synth/bass/lead sounds. Waldorf calls iOS Attack ‘a seriously in-depth musical instrument for iPads’.
The classic Waldorf Edition has had a visual makeover, but its core values remain unchanged and unchallenged: the ‘holy trinity of inspiring software instruments’.
- PPG Wave 2.2V is a virtual reincarnation of its namesake cult classic, coming to prominence with the trailblazing PPG Wave series starting back in 1982. First resurrected in 1989 with the Waldorf Microwave, today it enjoys a new lease of life in virtual studios on Mac and PC computers.
- Attack is a percussion synthesizer powered by an almighty analogue synth sound generator. It transports the trademark sounds of classic. As Attack computes all sounds in realtime, users can change any parameter directly. The new Waldorf Edition 2 version also brings an exceptionally expanded effects section (with Delay, Equalizer, Drive, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, and Reverb) into play.
- D-Pole completes the Waldorf Edition 2 lineup as a versatile filter plug-in with five filter types (lowpass, bandpass, high pass, notch, and resonator), SAMPLE RATE reduction, RING MOD, OVERDRIVE (ranging up to +52 dB), and stereo delay.
Nave for VST/AU/RTAS and Waldorf Edition 2 are expected to ship during the second quarter of 2015 when they will be available to buy online directly from Waldorf via the Waldorf Shop (www.waldorfmusic-shop.de) or through the company’s network of dealers and retailers for €149.00 EUR (including tax) and €69.00 EUR (including tax), respectively.
The nw1 Wavetable Module is also expected to ship during the second quarter of 2015 when it will be available to buy through the company’s global network of dealers and retailers for €329.00 EUR (including tax).
via waldorf, sequencer.de