At the 2015 NAMM Show: Focusrite has launched a range of audio interfaces, the Clarett series, that combine a new preamp design with Thunderbolt technology, to offer ‘exceptional sound quality’ with an interface latency of under 1ms.
Focusrite’s Clarett interfaces offer clear conversion, 24-bit, 192kHz sample rates and world class dynamic range. Their brand new Clarett mic preamps replicate the impedance and transformer resonance of the original ISAs, resulting in exceptional clarity.
The Clarett range is made up of four devices:
- the 2Pre (10 In/4 Out),
- 4Pre (18 In/8 Out),
- 8Pre (18 In/20 Out)
- and flagship 8Pre X (26 In/28 Out).
The flagship 2U interface has been designed with the permanent racked studio install in mind, featuring extended ADAT I/O, and separate rear panel inputs for mic, line and instrument, as well as dedicated phantom power, phase reverse and high pass filters on every channel.
Focusrite Clarett Range at a Glance
- New Clarett preamps model the classic ISA design
- World class dynamic range: 116dB A/D and 118dB D/A
- Latest Thunderbolt technology ensures interface latency of under 1ms
- 24-bit, 192kHz sample rates
- All expandable via ADAT
- Flagship Clarett 8Pre X designed for permanent professional studio install
- New 64-bit AAX, AU and VST compatible Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- Detailed metering
- Includes MIDI I/O
Pricing and Availability. The Focusrite Clarett range of audio interfaces will be available for purchase sometime in Spring or Summer 2015, with the following US MAP prices: Clarett 2Pre – $499.99; Clarett 4Pre – $699.99; Clarett 8Pre – $999.99; Clarett 8Pre X – $1299.99. For additional information, check out the Focusrite website.