At the 2015 NAMM Show, Keith McMillen Instruments has introduced the K-Mix – described as a ‘next generation audio interface and programmable mixer’.
The KMI K-Mix is a genre-blurring device. It’s a powerful control surface, like many of the company’s previous devices. But it’s also a hardware mixer and an 8 in/10 out audio interface.
Here’s what Keith McMillen has to say about the new K-Mix:
I needed a very special mixer that did not exist – a fully programmable MIDI controlled ultra high quality portable mixer.
To play live in a group without a sound-man, not having a mixer that could do all of this was heart breaking. K-Mix had to be capable of tying all of my needs together, from live inputs to USB interfaces, and operate as a fully programmable stage mixer.
- The K-Mix builds on the power of KMI’s previous controllers, offering precision tactile control.
- Robust build quality – because it has no moving parts, K-Mix can be transported without the fear of breaking off a fader or knob.
- K-Mix preamps are engineered to provide ultra-accurate gain.
- The K-Mix is fully programmable and offers built-in effects processing.
- It can be used as a hardware mixer or an audio interface and mixer in a digital setup.
- 8 balanced inputs
- 10 outputs (8 balanced)
- Up to 24bit/96kHz
- Micro-USB connector for Audio and MIDI digital I/O
- Mini-USB for DIN with KMI Expander
- 8 channel faders (75mm)
- 12 LED indicators per channel fader
- 1 master fader with 24 LEDs
- MIDI position CC output on all faders
- 4 rotary controls (360°)
- 16 LEDs per rotary
- MIDI position CC output on all rotaries
- 9 Channel Select Buttons
- 4 Bank Select Buttons
- 17 Function Buttons
- MIDI note output on all buttons
- +48V phantom power
- EQ, Compressor, Gate Reverb
- Up to 8 channel surround support
The Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix is priced at US $599. See the KMI site for more information.