At the 2015 NAMM Show, Avid was previewing upcoming cloud collaboration features for Pro Tools, designed to let you share your sessions and work with other musicians via the Internet in an easy and efficient way.
Cloud Collaboration for Pro Tools is new set of features that will let you compose, record, edit, and mix sessions collaboratively with other Pro Tools users.
With the new collaboration features, you’ll be able to:
- Post sessions to your own cloud storage space and invite others to collaborate
- Work on the same session at the same time or create offline and share updates directly within Pro Tools
- Share audio and MIDI tracks, edits, mix changes, automation, and more
- Keep track of all contributors and version changes with automatic and fully customizable metadata tagging
- Communicate with collaborators through text or video chat directly from within Pro Tools
The collaboration features that they showed at NAMM are still in development. See the Avid site for more info.