Developer Andrey Savitsky has introduced Zillidrone – a sample-based groovebox for creating, performing and interacting with 32-step sequences for snares, kicks, hi-hats, sampler and two multioscillator synthesizers.
Here’s what he has to say about Zillidrone:
Use drum pads for making extra drum shots over the saved drum patterns. Shuffle samples, randomize patterns, use synth preset sequencers, apply DSP effects with automations to produce a wide range of sound transformations for your composition.
Upload your own samples and use the magic of randomization without any editing to discover more ideas for your music. Record loops or full tracks in real-time, export recordings to other applications or share them via dropbox or email.
Here’s a video intro:
- Drum machine and drum pads for real-time groove production with 4 types of touches. Tap or swipe drum pads within different areas to produce different shots.
- Change samples manually or shuffle samples randomly during performance.
- Two oscillator synth with 5 presets, preset sequencers and automations for each controller.
- Sampler with piano keyboard (6 octaves).
- 5 real-time DSP effects: distortion, free verb, pitch shifter, wah-wah, ring modulator , one non-realtime “looper” effect and global delay effect.
- Mixer for panning and sending to global delay effect for each instrument and DSP effect.
- Arrangement editor for storing 16 different scenes. Each scene saves all states of controls, sequences, automations. You can change scenes manualy, randomly or create a song arrangement.
- Included library of 397 samples (99 per each drum instrument and 100 for sampler).
- Upload sample packs (wav, aif, aiff formats) via iTunes and assign them to each instrument separately.
- Real time recording for loops or long tracks. There’s an option to record instruments and effects into different WAV files.
- Export recordings to Dropbox or open in applications with audio file import support.
- MIDI input and output. MIDI Sync input.
- Demo projects, help and video tutorial are included.
Zillidrone is available now for US $5.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used Zillidrone, share your thoughts on it in the comments!