At the 2015 NAMM Show, Yamaha introduced the AG series of multi-purpose, high-resolution (192kHz/24bit) mixer and USB audio interfaces.
The AG series is designed for small setups that need both high-resolution audio support and modern connectivity, to support tasks like streaming live performances, recording podcast interviews and mobile recording.
The AG mixer available in two models, the 3-channel AG03, and 6-channel AG06, above.
- Both AG models come equipped with D-PRE mic preamps with the ‘flawless fidelity’ of the AG’s high-resolution 192kHz/24bit sound.
- The AG also features an intelligent LOOPBACK function that allows users to broadcast content live online, along with backing tracks or additional audio from PC or Mac computers or an iPad.
- With flexible connectivity, phantom power and a Hi-Z switchable input, users can connect a wide range of instruments and microphones such as guitars, bass, synthesizers, high-quality condenser mics and headsets, directly into the AG.
- Onboard 1-TOUCH DSP adds optimally set COMP/EQ and EFFECT * and, for more precise control of these settings, the multi-platform AG DSP Controller software (download) allows users to access and edit the compressor, EQ, high-pass filter, reverb, and amp simulator parameters.
- The AG also comes bundled with CUBASE AI music production software (download) for Mac and Windows computers, or for iPad applications, an optional CUBASIS DAW app is available.
- USB bus power allows users to instantly configure a compact yet powerful studio setup with a single connection to their computer, or using a mobile battery with an iPad.
- The AG06 also features built-in tube amp simulation.
The Yamaha AG03 has a street price of about US $150 and the AG06 has a street price of about US $200.