The new modules include:
- Octocontroller – an 8-output gate trigger LFO controller
- Shaping VCO – two-stage waveshaping oscillator
- 3x LIN VCA
- VC AHDSR/AHD – voltage controlled envelope generator
- 4:4 Mix Attenuator
Abstract Data’s Justin Owen calls his new ADE-32 Octocontroller his ‘most ambitious design to date’.
The Octocontroller is a collaboration with Paul Soulsby of Soulsby Synths (creator of the Atmegatron synthesizer). The module is designed to provide a complete, synchronized control system for triggering and modulation within the Eurorack environment – without needing a DAW.
“As anyone who uses their modular as a stand-alone instrument knows,” notes Owen, “simple things like trying to sync LFOs can sometimes get very complex. The ADE-32 aims to solve that.”
The new VC AHDSR/AHD module is also the result of a collaboration. Owen worked with Tom Wiltshire of Electric Druid on the new module.
The new modules double the Abstract Date module line.
New Abstract Data Eurorack Modules
Here’s a video overview of the new modules from Abstract Data’s Justin Owen:
Here are preliminary specs for the new modules:
- ADE-32 Octocontroller
- 14 HP
- 8 simultaneous, synced outputs
- Gates, LFOs Arps, S&H & more
- Timing, quantize & offset options
- Internal or External Clock
- ADE-40 Shaping VCO
- 8 HP
- Tri-Core VCO
- Sine, Triangle & Ramp waveforms
- 2 stage, PWM-style shaping on all waveforms
- FM & Sync inputs
- ADE-50 3x Linear VCA
- 4 HP
- 3 linear VCAs
- All-analog discrete OTA core
- ADE-51 VC AHDSR / AHD
- Fast, clean, digital envelope generator
- Switchable between linear & exponential
- Complete CV control
- Gate & Re-trigger / Trigger options
- Variable time control
- ADE-52 4:4 Mix/Attenuator
- 4:n / n:4 configuration
- Combined mixing and/or attenuation
The new modules are expected to be available in March of 2015. Official details on pricing and availability is to come via the Abstract Data site.
Video via Analogue Zone Showroom