At the 2015 NAMM Show, Surfin Kangaroo Studio’s Wolfgang Michalowicz introduced the Krautpan (Pancake Version) 8 x 8 MIDI Panner:
The 8 in, 8 out Krautpan lets you control the volume of each of the 8 inputs going to each of the 8 outputs, via MIDI. This makes it possible to create up to 8-channel surround mixes that can be saved and recalled.
It also lets you sequence pan positions, so you can create mixes where sounds move around rhythmically between channels.
- Rack Version / 2 units
- 8 analog inputs XLR / 1/4 inch
- 8 analog outputs XLR
- internal 64 volume controllers
- any input can be routed to any output from Mute to 0dB in 0.5dB steps
- controlled by midi – usb – dmx – cv – gate
- independent control of each of the 8 channels
- fade in – fade out – switching
- Midi Clock – Midi Note on – Control Commands – System Exclusive Data
- DMX for synchronize light to the sound
- put units in a chain to enhance the number of inputs or/and outputs up to 128 channel
Details on pricing and availability of the Krautpan are to come via the Surfin Kangaroo Studio site.