Darwin Arts has introduced Trilobite 0.9.3, a freely downloadable modular software synthesizer that lets you create new sounds using ‘Darwinian Evolution’.
Will it lead to ‘survival of the phattest’?
Check out this video intro and decide for yourself:
The video covers:
- Basic overview of main window user interface features
- Some visual patch anatomy
- Loading patches from banks
- First sounds
- Midi CC mapping
- Midi key mapping
- Saving presets
- Plugin host parameter mapping
- Interactive patch evolver
- Visual patch editor
- Fully-integrated patch bank librarian
- Intuitive drag-and-drop loading
- Descriptive metadata editors with text and images
- Web publishing features
Trilobite is available for Macintosh OSX as well as Microsoft Windows. Audio Units and VST plugin versions are provided for their respective platforms.
The app is currently in beta and is available as a free download; registration is required at the site.
If you’ve tried Trilobite, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!