Akai Pro has announced that MPC Software v1.8 is now available.
The MPC Software comes with Akai’s flagship MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
Here’s the official intro video:
- NON-DESTRUCTIVE CHOP – A way to use parts of your samples without destructive editing. MPC v1.8 provides two types of non-destructive chop: per-sample chopping saves your slices into the sample file for use in other projects, and per-pad slicing uses different start/end points within each pad
- BUILT-IN LIVE LOOPER – Allows you to record, overdub, and manipulate audio in real time
- PAD PERFORM MODE – Assign musical scales, modes, chords, and progressions to the pads for more creative performances
- IMPROVED SAMPLE EDIT, CHOP WORKFLOW
- Audition pads from within your program in the sample editor
- · Sleaker trim. chop, and audition workflow
- · Live sample chop
- · Audio cue point audio preview
- RECORD AUDIO THROUGH INPUT INSERT EFFECTS – In the sampler and looper
- VINTAGE MODE EMULATION CAN BE USED AS AN INSERT THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAM – Place different MPC sound on different pads
- NON DESTRUCTIVE SAMPLE REVERSE PAD PARAMETER – Pad sample offset pad parameter
- Plus many workflow enhancements, including one-touch sequence half/double, project preview, BPM calculation, an improved audio path and more.
Here are a series of videos, via soundforsamplers, that demonstrate the new features:
Tutorial on the Lazy Chop method,using both Live Chopping and Scrub.
Here is a tutorial on now to do Pad copy Non Destructive sample chopping on your MPC Renaissance or MPC Studio.
Tutorial on the new BPM detect feature in MPC Software 1.8. This tutorial shows you BPM detect in both the Time Stretch and Tune sections of your MPC Renaissance | MPC Studio
Here is a demo of using Lazy Chop and creating a beat.
See the Akai Pro site for more info.