In this video,via sonicstate, Gaz Williams takes a look at the Korg Volca Sample.
The Volca Sample isn’t a sampler, per se – it’s a sample player/sequencer that lets you edit and sequence up to 100 sample sounds in realtime.
- 16 step keys to enter notes intuitively while maintaining visual confirmation of the timing of the notes in a measure.
- Real time recording
- Up to ten of the sequence patterns you create can be stored in internal memory.
- Motion sequencer records and plays back up to 11 parameters
- Active Step and Step Jump functions let you insert and remove steps
- Analog frequency isolator lets you apply powerful changes to the sound
- Per part reverb
- Song mode
- Reverse function lets you play samples backwards
- Playback can be synchronized with another volca or electribe unit, or with your DAW.
- Compact size, battery power and built-in speaker for mobile operation
The Korg Volca Sample has a street price of about US $160. See the Korg site for details.