Spektro Audio has updated CV Toolkit – a Mac/Windows app that’s designed to let you integrate your computer as a control voltage source with hardware modular synthesizers.
The new update includes five new modules (Shift Register, Shaper, Delay, PWM Clock, and Euclidean Sequencer), support for the Expert Sleepers ES-4, ES-40, ESX-4CV, and ESX-8CV modules (still in an experimental stage but working fine according to my tests), a new pitch detection algorithm that vastly improves VCO calibration, and various improvements and bug fixes.
Here are details on the new modules:
- Shaper: a 4 in 1 module that works as a wavefolder, a rectifier (full and half), an attenuverter and as an offset generator.
- Delay: Delay module capable of delaying any incoming signals by up to 4ms. The delay time can be either set in ms or synced to the BPM.
- Shift Register – 8bit analog-style shift register. Great for creating random sequences that slowly change over time.
- PMW Clock – A clock module with pulse-width modulation.
- Euclidean Sequencer – Sequencer that generates rhythmic trigger patterns using an euclidean algorithm.
More info on version 1.3 is available at the Spektro Audio site.
- Standalone application – doesn’t require any additional software.
- Virtual Slot System – Change the modules inside the slots and customize CV Toolkit to your own needs.
- MIDI to CV – Calibrate your VCOs and play them in tune.
- Hands-on Experience – control all parameters from an iPad using the Lemur app (native OSC integration).
- Routing Matrix
- Save and recall patches
- CV Quantizer – Quantize the output signal of any of the virtual module to a specific key and scale.
- ScanGraph – a new concept of modulation.
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer
- MIDI In / Out
- Works on both Mac and PC
- 64-bit application
- Clean and simple interface
CV Toolkit is available for US $19.99. The update is free to existing users.