Secret Base Design has introduced Music IO – a new app that lets you route MIDI over USB, between iOS and Mac OS X.
Here’s a quick video demo:
- Send & Receive MIDI between any CoreMIDI apps over USB (Lightning or 30 pin) with no perceptible latency nor jitter
- Large sysex messages (eg. bulk dumps) handled seamlessly
- Choose “send to” ports (OSX and iOS)
- Choose “receive from” (OSX): route MIDI from anywhere to your iOS device
- BridgeClock, a ground-breaking inter-device MIDI-clock-synchronization technology, provides jitter-free sync between platforms
- Runs on iOS 6 or better (10.7+ on OSX)
Planned features for Music IO include Audio over USB and comprehensive MIDI routing between specific IOS apps.
Music IO is available now for US $2.99 in the App Store.