Developer Patrik Hedmalm has introduced Pepp – a new iOS music app, described as a sort of ‘twisted groovebox’.
Here’s what Hedmalm has to say about Pepp:
This twisted groovebox/arpeggiator/synthesizer lets you quickly forge original electronic music, using sixteen sliders and a sixteen-step sequencer.
Instantly save and recall your ideas without missing a beat. With 160 memory slots you’re not likely to run out of storage.
While it’s designed to be easy to use, Pepp also offers:
- MIDI support, including playing via a MIDI keyboard, MIDI sync & MIDI control of parameters; and
- Audiobus integration.
Here’s a quick video demo:
- Ten synth oscillators
- Five drum oscillators
- MIDI Clock in
- MIDI in (Notes and CC)
- MIDI Latch/Gate
- Intelligent arpeggiator
- Advanced rythm engine
- Lo-/Hi-pass Filter w/ Resonance
- Samle and hold
- Instant resample/reloop
- Master octave +-2
- Tempo multiplier
- Oscillator types
Pepp is available now, for free, so you can download and try it. If you like it, a $4.99 in-app purchase is available that unlocks these features:
- Drive – Add some grit to the sound
- Tuning – Transpose the loop within the current key and scale
- Resonance – Filter resonance for HI- and LO-pass
- Variation – Vary oscillator configuration for each step
- Resample – Loop a variable length sample of the current pattern for shuffle/stutter/weirdness
- Tempo – Adjust global tempo
- T.MUL – Half/Normal/Double tempo
- GAIN – Output gain
- REVERB – Reverb
- KEY – Musical key
- OCT – 2 Octaves +/-
- SCALE – Musical scale
- GLISS – Glissando
- MIDI – Midi off / Midi channel
- LATCH – Hold last played midi note/chord
If you’ve used Pepp, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!