Here’s a video sneak preview of the recently announced midimux and audiomux apps in action.
The two apps are designed to let you route audio and MIDI, between iOS and OS X, over your device’s USB cable.
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or
- any other app that uses MIDI
- connect more than one iOS device to the Mac – and send MIDI data between them
- stream audio from your iOS Apps to your Mac and vice versa
- Audiobus integration enables the use of countless iOS music Apps in your studio environment
- connect multiple iOS devices to your Mac, each will create its own audio device
- low cpu usage – so you can keep using all your apps
- very low latency via USB
midimux is available now for US $9.99. audiomux will be available soon for $6.99. A bundle of the two apps will be available for $9.99, effectively making audiomux free to midimux owners.
Check out the video and let us know what you think!