Steinberg has introduced the UR242 – a 4 input, 2 output USB 2.0 interface, with 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality and on-board DSP-powered effects.
Here’s the official intro video:
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power
- 2 combo inputs with PAD (Hi-Z switch on input 1), 2 TRS line inputs, 2 TRS line outputs and headphones jack with independent level control
- Latency-free DSP powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 plug-in version also included)
- dspMixFx editor application for Windows, OS X and iPad
- MIDI input and output
- Rugged full-metal housing
- Loopback function for streaming performances live to the Internet
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, OS X and iPad (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit/Lightening to USB Camera Adapter)
The Steinberg UR242 is priced at US $249.99. The UR242 will globally be available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop by the end of March, 2015.