Output have announced the release of their new, powerful pulse engine, Signal. This software instrument, created for use with Native Instruments’ Kontakt, focuses on generating pulses, combining “the warmth of fat analog and digital synths” with “the beauty of organic instruments.”
Working from the premise that “nearly all music is centered on a pulse,” Output, who also created the REV software instrument, gathered a team of 70 designers and developers to build an instrument “that pushes beyond conventional limits of synths and samples.”
The new instrument features a 40GB library of multi-dynamic and round-robin samples. Allowing for a wide range of combinations of these synths and instruments across multiple layers and rhythms, along with the underlying step sequencers, arpeggiators, LFO’s and Signal’s proprietary tape looper, the Signal user can create wild new sounds.
The Signal interface was designed with a beginner’s ease of use, right out of the box. More experienced users, looking to dive into more complex effects, mods and sound design, will find the Advanced section of Signal complete with all the depth one would want.
- 500 Pulse Instruments for instant playability
- A massive array of content – 40GB including analog synths, digital synths and organic instruments
- Up to 4 separate pulses at one time
- All pulses lock to tempo
- Rhythms: Looper, Step Sequencers, Arpeggiators, LFO’s
- 4 central MACRO sliders unique to each of the 500 Pulse Instruments
- Effects control globally and per layer
- Convolution reverb engine
- Advanced mode for access to all parameters
- Copy and paste settings between layers
- Smart tagging preset menu
- Simple design and ease of use
Pricing and Availability. Output Signal ($199 US) is now available for purchase from the Output website, as well as via authorized Output resellers worldwide. For product specifications, system requirements and additional product information, check out the Output site.