Spektro Audio has released CV Toolkit 2.0 for Mac & Windows – an app that lets you use software synth modules to control, modulate and sequence your synthesizers, via control voltage (CV).
The new version is a complete re-write and re-design of the application. CV Toolkit 2.0 adds many features, including: a new slot system, voicing modes (4X Monophonic, Paraphonic and Polyphonic), internal Gate and Pitch buses, Layouts, Scale Editor, Module Packs (which lets the user install more modules to CV Toolkit), Utility Rack and more.
“We worked extremely hard on this version,” says Spektro Audio’s Ícaro Ferre, “and we believe it’s now much more capable and flexible than ever without losing it’s nice interface and user experience.”
Here’s video overview of CV Toolkit 2.0:
Version 2.0 also adds support for the littleBits USB module:
Here’s what’s new in CV Toolkit 2.0:
- Completely new design.
- New slot system: you can now load any module to any of the slots and load multiple instances of the same module to different slots. All the slots available in CV Toolkit now work exactly the same and share the same characteristics.
- Module Packs: further expand the functionality of CV Toolkit by purchasing additional module packs.
- New Notes module: we combined the old MIDI to CV and Quantizer modules into a single module.
- Updates modules: all modules are now capable of running at audio rate.
- New Routing Matrix layers (Output, Main and Control).
- Utility Rack: 4 oscilloscopes + 4 CV to MIDI CC converters.
- Internal Pitch and Gate Buses.
- 3 Voicing Modes: monophonic, polyphonic and paraphonic.
- New Layouts feature: store and recall different layouts. Each layout remembers which module you loaded into the 12 slots as well as the Gate and Pitch bus settings for the individual modules.
- Support for the brand new littleBits USB i/o module.
- New scale editor: you can now use any of the pre-existing scales available in CV Toolkit or edit / create your own.
You can now use CV Toolkit to create anything from simple sequenced patches to more elaborate polyphonic patches (up to four voices).
Pricing and Availability
CV Toolkit is available now for $19.99. The new Deluxe Pack (which adds 9 modules) is available for 9.99.
Ferre adds, “CV Toolkit 2.0 would not’ve been possible if it wasn’t for the support we’ve received from Synthtopia and it’s readers throughout the past year.” So, if you’ve used CV Toolkit, leave a comment and Ferre know how you’re using it, what you like about it and if there are features that you’d like to see it add!