TASCAM has introduced the DP-24SD, a 24-track Digital Portastudio that records to economical and expandable SD Cards.
The new Portastudio offers eight XLR mic inputs with phantom power, and each input has available compression and limiting during recording.
Built into the DP-24SD are three types of effects. Up to eight dynamics effects can be routed to any or all inputs during recording for polished-sounding tracks. A multieffects processor provides amp simulation, delay, chorus, and more, ideal for using with the direct guitar input. And a adjustable reverb is available on send and return.
- 24-track / 24-bit Digital Portastudio
- Color LCD display
- 12-encoder channel strip
- Eight microphone inputs on combo XLR-1/4” jacks with phantom power
- 1/4” instrument level input
- Up to eight-track simultaneous recording at 48kHz/24- bit audio resolution
- Solid-state recording to SD Card media for better shock resistance than hard drive recording
- Send effect?Two effects sends?Multi-effect processor with guitar amp simulation
- Mastering effect
- Virtual tracks for alternate takes and undo
- Built-in chromatic tuner and metronome
- 1?4” monitor, effect send, and headphone outputs
- USB 2.0 connection to computer
The TASCAM 24-SD has a street price of around US $400. See the TASCAM site for more info.