TASCAM has introduced the TM-80 condenser microphone – a new mic that they say is designed and priced for home studios.
The condenser mic features an 18mm aluminum diaphragm with a cardioid pickup pattern that they sounds great on anything from vocals to acoustic instruments.
Included with the TM-80 are a tabletop stand, six-foot XLR cable, and a elastic shockmount to reduce rumble and noise during recording.
- Microphone capsule assembly features an 18mm pure aluminum diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity : -38dB +/-2dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Phantom power requirement: 9 – 48V DC
- Output impedance : 200ohm +/-30% (at 1kHz)
- Load impedance : >1k ohm
- Max SPL : 136dB (at 1kHz=1% THD)
- S/N ratio : 77dB
- Housing : Die cast zinc
- Dimensions (W×H×D): 48mm×165mm×48mm / 1.9 inch×6.5 inch×1.9 inch
- Includes : shockmount, mini desk stand, mic cable (1.8m XLRM – XLRF)
The TM-80 has a street price of around $60. See the TASCAM site for more info.