Digital audio recording company Apogee Electronics has introduced MetaRecorder, a two-channel audio recording App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that, Apogee says, will “revolutionize mobile audio production” for video.
Apogee’s MetaRecorder is the first audio recording app for iPhone to offer intuitive multi-take recording, tagging and file organization for any field recording scenario. Designed as a working companion to Sennheiser’s digital clip-on microphones (powered by Apogee), MetaRecorder features 24 bit/96kHz recording quality, plus software control of input level and recording presets.
Essential features of MetaRecorder on iPhone can also be controlled from the Apple Watch: start and stop recording, “favorite” a take, add markers, or set your microphone input level.
The MetaRecorder user can also apply metadata tags like Keywords, Favorites, Markers and more to their audio files while recording in the field, then share the recorded audio and Final Cut Pro XML files to Dropbox directly from MetaRecorder. When imported into Final Cut Pro on a Mac, the captured metadata simplifies the process of organizing and parsing the user’s media, substantially accelerating your post-production workflow.
- Field recording app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Record multiple takes and navigate easily between them
- Mono or stereo audio recording up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution
- Effortless media organization of field audio recordings
- Add metadata such as Keywords, Markers + Notes and Favorites
- Customize audio file names
- Export to Dropbox as FCPXML format to open in Final Cut Pro
- Control input gain and settings for Sennheiser and Apogee audio interfaces
- Control essential features with Apple Watch App
- For a limited time, unlock unlimited recording by connecting compatible Apogee or Sennheiser interface
Pricing and Availability. Apogee MetaRecorder is a free download from the Apple App store. For a limited time, connecting a compatible Apogee or Sennheiser device (see list below) permanently unlocks unlimited continuous recording. MetaRecorder also works with the built-in microphone or any other iOS compatible device but is limited to 60 seconds of continuous recording. An in-app upgrade can be purchased for $4.99 USD to unlock continuous recording.
The Apogee website has additional product specifications, list of compatible devices, and other information.