Apogee’s MetaRecorder is the first audio recording app for iPhone to offer intuitive multi-take recording, tagging and file organization for any field recording scenario. Designed as a working companion to Sennheiser’s digital clip-on microphones (powered by Apogee), MetaRecorder features 24 bit/96kHz recording quality, plus software control of input level and recording presets.
Essential features of MetaRecorder on iPhone can also be controlled from the Apple Watch: start and stop recording, “favorite” a take, add markers, or set your microphone input level.
- Field recording app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Record multiple takes and navigate easily between them
- Mono or stereo audio recording up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution
- Effortless media organization of field audio recordings
- Add metadata such as Keywords, Markers + Notes and Favorites
- Customize audio file names
- Export to Dropbox as FCPXML format to open in Final Cut Pro
- Control input gain and settings for Sennheiser and Apogee audio interfaces
- Control essential features with Apple Watch App
- For a limited time, unlock unlimited recording by connecting compatible Apogee or Sennheiser interface
Pricing and Availability. Apogee MetaRecorder is a free download from the Apple App store. For a limited time, connecting a compatible Apogee or Sennheiser device (see list below) permanently unlocks unlimited continuous recording. MetaRecorder also works with the built-in microphone or any other iOS compatible device but is limited to 60 seconds of continuous recording. An in-app upgrade can be purchased for $4.99 USD to unlock continuous recording.
The Apogee website has additional product specifications, list of compatible devices, and other information.