Today, IK Multimedia announced the release of AmpliTube UA, a real-time guitar amp and effects processing app for use on Android phones and tablets. AmpliTube UA works as a stand-alone app, but is intended for use as the companion app to the (soon-to-be-released) iRig UA universal digital interface.
AmpliTube UA gives musicians with Android devices (version 4.2 or higher which support USB host mode/USB OTG) the ability to “experience the flexibility and full tonal power” of a portable customizable guitar rig complete with 3 stompbox effects, an amplifier, a cabinet and a microphone.
AmpliTube UA Features:
- First real time guitar and bass mobile multi-effects app for all Android devices
- Zero latency processing on any Android device* when paired with iRig UA
- Full rig with 3 simultaneous stomp boxes, an amp with effects, a cabinet and a mic
- Comes with 9 stompbox effects, 5 amplifiers, 5 cabinets and 2 mics
- Gear library can be expanded with branded gear from Fender, Orange, Ampeg, Soldano and more
- Enhanced presets system
- Chromatic tuner included
- Can be used without iRig UA in a fully functional mode that does not allow audio-in (dry audio demos provided in the Tools section for playing purposes)
AmpliTube UA lets users build virtual guitar and bass rigs by selecting from among 21 included gear models that include 5 amplifiers, 9 stompbox effects, 5 cabinets and 2 positionable microphones. AmpliTube UA’s flexible signal path lets players change the order of effects and amps, and add effects “after” the amplifier in the signal chain to provide even more creative tonal options.
The base collection of AmpliTube gear can be expanded from within the app, with 22 models available via in-app purchase, all based on iconic pieces of gear from brands like Fender, Orange, Ampeg, etc.
AmpliTube UA works as a stand-alone app, but to get the most out of the app, it needs to be paired with the forthcoming iRig UA digital audio interface (expected ship date May 2015). The combination of iRig UA + AmpliTube UA delivers universal zero latency processing and “high-quality” sound on the Android platform.
AmpliTube UA functions in a “preview” mode when an iRig UA is not connected to the device. This lets musicians build, control and apply custom guitar rigs that can be used with the provided “dry” audio demo. iRig UA is required for audio-in and guitar processing functionality.
Pricing and availability. IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube UA is available now for download as a free app via the Google Play store. iRig UA is available for pre-order for $99.99 (€99.99), and is expected to ship May 2015 from music and electronics retailers worldwide, and from the IK online store.