At Musikmesse 2015, Elektron announced that their hotly anticipated Overbridge is expected to be released this summer.
Overbridge is designed to let you use Elektron’s analog hardware gear seamlessly within your DAW.
This video, via Cuckoo, captures an overview and demo of Overbridge, from the Elektron booth at Musikmesse. Check it out and let us know what you think of Overbridge!
Overbridge Key Features:
- ‘Real analog VSTi’s’ – seamless computer integration of analog synthesizers and drum machines
- A single USB cable – record multiple analog voices to separate DAW tracks. Or warm up DAW sounds with analog circuits. All over USB and without timing issues.
- Superior convenience – When a DAW project is loaded, Elektron machine settings are automatically loaded as well.
- CoreAudio / ASIO / WDM sound card functionality
- Multi-tracking via single USB
- Overbridge Control Panel
- Analog Four/Keys/Rytm plugins
- VSTi plugin format
- Parameter automation
- Kit/Sound editing capabilities
- Sequencing via DAW – “Analog VSTi”
- Elektron sequencer sync to DAW
- Multiple Elektron units support
- Mac and Windows support
Elektron is gearing up for a releasing their much talked about VSTi OVERBRIDGE as a public beta in May -15. Followed closely by a release in the summer. OVERBRIDGE is a software to control and sync their Analog series, such as Analog Four, Analog Keys and the Analog Rytm through a DAW such as Ableton Live etc.
See the Elektron site for more info.