At Musikmesse 2015, Urs Heckmann of U-He was demonstrating their upcoming Hive synthesizer.
Here’s what Heckmann has to say about Hive:
Hive was made to be fast and simple. The streamlined single screen UI lets you dive into sound creation immediately. A fluid workflow invites you to tweak away until your sound is just right (or wrong in just the right way).
Hive was engineered to be light on CPU, and won’t slow you down while you work. But being “fast and simple” doesn’t mean we’ve sacrificed sound quality or creative control – Hive is packed with features, controls and enough flexibility to deliver stunning sounds.
- Very low CPU usage
- Switchable audio characteristics (normal, dirty, clean)
- 2 main oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators
- Up to 16x unison for each of the 4 oscillators for “super” sounds
- 2 multimode filters
- Step sequencer and arpeggiator
- 12 slot modulation matrix with 2 targets per slot, 4 envelopes (ADSR), 2 LFOs
- 7 built in effects
- Single screen interface
Hive is coming soon. It is currently priced at US $99, with a regular price of $149. See the U-He site for details.
via Synth Anatomy