Developer Giel Bremmers has updated MultitrackStudio for iPad – an audio/MIDI multitrack recording app.
MultitrackStudio lets you record and edit up to 16 audio and MIDI tracks.
Here’s what’s new in version 2.0:
- Extension Pack (in-app purchase) is now called Pro Extension.
- Pro Extension: Songs can have either an extra Effect Return or up to 8 Groups.
- Pro Extension: Time stretching in track editors.
- Pro Extension: Tempo editor can process audio tracks.
- Pro Extension: Create new song using current as template.
- Pro Extension features Phase Inverter effect.
- Can now record multiple Audiobus sources simultaneously.
- Uses Audiobus 2.1.5 SDK.
- Improved transport cycling: Overview bar remembers cycle region after transport stopped, longtapping Play button starts cycling, transport menu features ‘Set Cycle Start’ and ‘Set Cycle End’ options.
- Editors: add and draw modes can be sticky (see ‘Sticky add/draw modes’ setting in Preferences pane).
- Editors: tweaked graphics to make it easier to see which mode an editor is in.
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: step through presets by swiping vertically over the instrument box. Also works for SoundFont Player presets and the Pro Extension’s Convolutor effect impulse responses.
- Tempo editor shows mixed version of tracks in background.
- Matrix Sampler now displays the note to which the current cell responds.
- Fixed: SoundFont Player ignored pitch bend range setting.
- Fixed: Matrix Sampler’s Volume knob settings weren’t stored and recalled correctly.
- Several other fixes
MultitrackStudio for iPad is available for US $29.99. The Pro Extension add-on is priced at US $19.99.
If you’ve used MultitrackStudio for iPad, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!