iZ Technology Corporation has begun shipping Radar Studio – a rack mounted audio appliance, designed to run popular DAW software on integrated, optimized hardware.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“The RADAR studio is free of unnecessary bloatware and it runs beautifully with its high speed SSD’s and massive RAM capacity,” said Dan Brace of Sonic Farm Recording Studio in Buffalo, NY, an early adopter of RADAR studio. “The converters are providing the same sweet sound we experienced with RADAR 6, but with the added editing power Pro Tools provides.
Radar Studio Key Features:
- Near-zero jitter, pristine signal path and the latest converter technology
- Runs Pro Tools – track, mix and automate, using all plug-ins and features of native DAW software
- Simplicity – just arm tracks and hit record.
- Workflow – integrate iZ Session Controller and Meter Bridge for a traditional studio feel
- Customizable – configurable I/O, drive bays, external media, DSP cards, and peripherals
- Support – 10 years of free customer support.
Here’s the official intro video:
Pricing & Availability
Radar studio is now shipping. Pricing depends on configuration. See the IZ site for details.