Tone2 Audiosoftware has released Saurus2, a virtual analog synthesizer, for Mac & Windows, that they say offers ‘an extremely authentic emulation of analog synthesizers’.
Here’s the official video intro:
Here’s what’s new in Saurus2:
- Enhanced sound quality because the synthesis engine has been completely reworked.
- Over 260 additional patches.
- Completely reworked all existing factory sounds.
- Added a comfortable patch browser.
- More detailed emulation of the ‘analog’ sound. The degree of analog behavior is now selectable.
- Enhanced graphics.
- More comfortable user interface.
- A large number of further new features and enhancements.
- Saurus2 is 100% downward compatible with all previous versions.
- Covers all important aspects of analog synthesizers, but without adopting the disadvantages
- ‘High-end’ sound quality
- Low CPU
- Free support and updates
- easy-to-use interface
- Ships with 830 outstanding presets from 22 top sound designers
- Analog filter with self-oscillation, FM and feedback
- Very fast LFOs and punchy envelopes
- Powerful arpeggiator
- Many different play modes: Mono, legato, glide, poly, stack, autochord
4x stereo unison
- Effects section
- Analog modeled distortion and tube amp
Saurus2 is available now for Mac & Windows for 99 EUR/$119 USD.
If you’ve used Saurus2, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!