Primal Audio let us know that they’ve released FM4 – their DX-style FM software synthesizer – as a Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Heres what they have to say about it:
FM4 is a four-operator FM synthesizer for the Reason rack.
Modeled on the first commercially available FM synths from the 1980s, FM4 recreates that dirty, lo-fi, cutting sound of the original units.
Combined with a carefully thought-out, stripped-down, yet powerfull, user interface, FM4 makes it a breeze to create a multitude of sounds, ranging from punchy basses, crystal-clear bells, and lush pads, to organic textures, striking drums, and piercing leads.
Here are the official audio demos:
- Four operators configurable in eight different routings
- Three sound engines modelled on 1980s hardware units
- Eight waveforms derived from classic FM synths
- 2x, 3x, and 4x polyphonic unison
- Numerous CV inputs/outputs for external control
- Unique drift parameter for creating organic sounds
- Operator wave phase modes: sync, free & random
- LFO with 5 waveforms and tempo sync
- Pitch decay envelope with varying curves
- 100% free of farty brass-sounds
FM4 is available on the Propellerhead Store, at a 40% discount, for $25.00 until the 8th of June.