In this video, Mark Nicholson of Eyepatch Entertainment offers a sort of ‘Switched-On Bach Smackdown’ – comparing 12 synthesizers in arrangements of Bach’s Scherzo BWV844, inspired by the classic ‘Switched-On’ arrangements of Wendy Carlos.
List of synths in order of appearance:
- Fender Chroma Polaris
- Moog Memorymoog+
- Roland Juno 6 (Tubbutec Juno 66)
- Roland JX3P Kiwitechnics Kiwi-3P
- Roland JX8P
- Waldorf Microwave 1 Rev B
- Ensoniq SQ-80
- Kawai K3m
- Dave Smith Mopho X4
- Roland JD-990 w/ Vintage Synth Expansion
- Roland JX10 (SE firmware)
- Korg EX8000
Here are the individual synth renditions:
Check them out and share your thoughts in the comments!